Google

Monday, August 15, 2005

Don't forget the belly button

After a most relaxing Saturday in Budapest, enjoying a lot of wines, sceneries and good food, I stayed in a small cheap guesthouse in Buda. The Barra Guest house.
When I booked a room in this guest via the internet, I was wondering why the price could be this low (€ 36,-) for a 1 night stay. And when I arrived and subscribed at the reception, I was still wondering. But as soon as I had to walk to my room, some things became clear. It was like a gigantic maze and you had to be a professional athlete to climb all the stairs without losing your breath.
The room was simple, but clean and noisy. The walls seemed to be made of cardboard. But for a one night sleep after a day of sun and alcohol, this would do fine.

When I woke up and had my breakfast, I decided to walk to Déli metrostation, to take the metro to the Park and visit the thermal bath there. During my saturday stay, I bought some additional books, so I would be doing just fine. I bought a ticket with cabin usage, so that my stuff had a save stay at the thermal bath as well and I took with me into the bath, some money, a book, a towel and of course my sun protection spray. After one hour of jumping from bath to bath, it was time to go outside to work on my tan and do some reading. Unfortunatly my skin is very white and sensitive, so if I do not take the proper precautions, I always turn out like a lobster.
The sun was very enjoyable and I decided to use the sun protection right away. I asked a nice lady to do my back and the front I did myself. Changing form bathing to sunning and vice versa, I spend most of the day, before I decided to have something to eat and drink at the Negro bar (where they have the best cocktails in Budapest).

When I was enjoying the food and drinks, I had some belly button pains. I lifted my blouse and saw I forgot to protect the inside of my belly button. The result is a white skin with a red glowing belly button.

No comments: